OPPORTUNITIES TO GROW
Meditation Group Forming
UUCMC Buddhist Meditation Group
Adult RE Read
New offerings can be found here.
About Covenant Circles
Covenant Circles are groups of 8-10 people who meet once a month for 10 months. You can expect a diverse group of newcomers and longer time members and friends, young and older people in your group. The purpose of a covenant circle is to create an intimate space for each participant to deepen their connections with each other and with matters of ultimate worth. We do this by exploring unifying monthly themes together and in the process we minister to one another.
Each Covenant Circle will
· Meet together once a month from October 2014 – July 2015 (wrap up).
· Do a service project of their choice together, either inside or outside of UUCMC.
· Use a prepared session plan designed to explore your thoughts and feelings about our monthly themes: respect, forgiveness, humility, acceptance, good & evil, peace, balance, generosity, kindness, and maturity.
· A facilitator will lead the group experience and receive training and support from Rev. Virginia and the Covenant Circle organizers.
· Members commit to keep confidentiality, to listen deeply to one another and to participate to the best of their ability.